Agustina Ros is an artist who seeks to combine, through glass, the sensitivity of art and the resolution of design. She was born in Misiones, Argentina. Now, she currently resides in Barcelona, Spain, where she opened her own studio with international projection.
Her jewelry is crafted with borosilicate glass, modeled and blown by the technique of flameworking. Some pieces are worked with fine metal fuming (gold and silver), and carved and polished, which generates a faceted surface, looking for light reflection. Today, she is developing her own product and art design line with a neon technique called “plasma”, with state-of-the-art equipment.
For a constant exploration, she collaborates with other artists and designers from Institutes such as the IAAC, Royal College of Art, Central Saint Martins and European Studios of architecture and design. From her Atellier “Barcelona Glass Studio”, Agustina seeks to generate glass culture, and spread it to the artistic and fashion scene.
- Flamework Technique: Ferrán Collado (BARCELONA), Simone Crestani(ITALY), Amy Lemaire(USA) and Suellen Fowler(USA).
- Neon and plasma applied to glass art: Jason Chakravarty and Joe Upham(USA); engraved with Paulina Cambalova(CHEC REPUBLIC)
- Contemporary jewelry: Francisca Kweitel(ARGENTINA) and Gemma Draper (BARCELONA) .
SCHOLARSHIPS & AWARDS
- Selected for the ACTIVE DESIGN PROGRAM of Argentina in 2014 “PDA”(curation of functional work).
- Selected us an EMERGENT DESIGNER of the most important event of design in Argentina “PURO DISEÑO” 2015.
- Scholarships at The Corning Museum of Glass and Urban Glass, both in New York, (summer2015, summer 2016 and winter 2017).
- Participation in the GAS Conference 2016(Glass Art Society) exhibiting a glass custom during the GLASS FASHION SHOW.
- Winner of the ENJOIA`T AWARDS 2017 in the professional category”. – “Winner piece of ENJOIAT 2017″Barcelona Glass Studio”.
- Participation at “Melting Point” 2018 exhibiting her work at the Craft Centre of Valencia.